Korea Tourism Interactive Map

Just browsing through some information on KNTO website today looking about Samcheongdong details. I was in for quite a surprise.

I love this extra quality of the website which comes with an interactive map for tourist.

The best thing about KNTO map is it comes in English. ^_____________^ Big yeay!

However not everything is perfect on the interactive map.

I found searching was a bit difficult. For instance, I'm obviously a tourist and definitely is quite an ignorant on knowing the district's name and stuff. Searching by district name is quite a challenge.

How on earth do I know that Myeongdong is located in Jung-gu district right? I just know that Myeongdong is located in Myeongdong. I hope KNTO can improve the searching values better.


Instead of having a headache on doing the search, I found it just easier if I click the exclusive buttons on top of the map:

  • Tourist spots
  • Cultural Facilities
  • Accommodations
  • Restaurant
  • Leisure and Sports
  • Shopping


Many has sent me queries on the best place to stay while vacationing in Korea. If you click the button 'Accommodations' it will play its magic. ^^


Expand the map and it will point you the nearby accommodations. Many of the accommodation are hotels but somehow it's better than nothing. Another one of my wish is that KNTO could update the nearby guesthouses as well for budget travellers like us.

Try this interactive and explore it to your heart's content here: http://emap.visitkorea.or.kr/Scripts/EngMap.aspx#

Send your feedback here:


Post a Comment

4 Comments

FY Online Store said…
Before nak ke Korea hari tu pun pakai map ni juga untuk tengok location2 attraction.. :) senang nak tgk jarak tempat2 tu..
Unknown said…
thank you for this post, I'm considering when is the best time to visit Vietnam and Korea
Mellow green said…
is it possible to give an estimation of cost travelling in korea low budget style? for a week? thanks for the info though.
Anonymous said…
Hi Kak Zarina,

Fellow Malaysian here :)
I'm coming to Seoul for my language studies in Sogang too, coming March.

Can I ask you a silly question?
If I'm using an iphone in Malaysia, I just need to buy a prepaid package to use once I'm in Seoul right? No problems with the microSIM or anything? I heard from my friends, in certain countries, it doesn't work, and I have to make sure my iphone is already unlocked.

And since Korea is practically wi-fied everywhere, and I read bout your post of olleh pay-per-use wifi too, I guess not registering for a data plan is just fine.

By the way, can you recommend me which provider is good in Korea? Olleh? How much does it cost?

Thanks & regards,
Beatrice