Making Songpyeon for Chuseok with Chi Won's family

Tomorrow is Chuseok festival in Korea. It is for the harvest season in October; they wish for good harvest produce for the year. I bugged Chi Won to teach me how to make Seongpyeon hahah. There's a korean saying which is..if you make beautiful Seongpyeon, you will have beautiful children. Chi Won's family said that my first Seongpyeon is pretty. Hahah..so I will have beautiful daughter, but the second seongpyeon and onwards is not pretty so I said that that will be my son. They will be ugly son but rich. Hahaha.

So here are some of our pictures:



Chi Won is kneading the dough for green seongpyeon

The sticky rice flour dough

Mom is making the white seongpyeon dough

Chi Won and her mom

Me..ngehehe.

A picture before we start the hard work..hahaha


Chi Won trying the baju kurung I brought. So tomorrow she will wear baju kurung and I will wear hanbok. Yeahhh...


Chi Won in Baju Kurung.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

mar donseng said…
unnie,
u'r gonna stay with this family eh?
they looked veryyy nice & friendly..
hav fun during Chuseok festival <3
Unta@Jitra said…
whoaaaa nice blog zarina... rozie baru bgtau hehe... igt nk gi honeymoon sane kot nnt ;)

-dzul-
Zarina BT2K said…
Mar - I only gonna stay with them for 3 days. Tomorrow will be the last. Yeap, they are really nice people and Chi Won's mother treats me like I'm his daughter.

Unta@Jitra - tenkiu..mari2 datang sini. :)
O~jie said…
zarina...ur friend looks soooo kawaii la pakai baju kurung!!ayu giler!!heheh
Yus.MY said…
geunyeoneun jeongmal Baju Kurung-e aleumdabseubnida

:-)