Nami-Ok Restaurant - Halal Dakgalbi

With the cute Mia.

This was tried and tested by me personally on January 2014! ^_____^

This is unfair...T__T
The article in Joongang mentioned that the restaurant has been opened since March!
Where was me then????....*busy..busy..hehhe*

Anyway...this is a really good news, yeah?
If only the restaurant's location is near the Nami Island's entrance then it would be better for us.

Anywayy...an opportunity to try HALAL dakgalbi is good enough. For myself, I don't have the experience but the picture looks yummy none the less. ( I have now!! ^^)

The article from Jungang Ilbo is here (in Korean) and here (in English) citing on the existence of Halal Dakgalbi - Nami Ok restaurant at Gapyeong-gun which is near to Nami Island. A personal Naver blog (in Korean) also mentioned about Nami Ok restaurant and you may read it here.

With Mr Hong Yeong Man (the owner) and Puan Raihana's family.

How to go to Nami-Ok Restaurant 남이옥 식당?

Tell the taxi driver to go to this address:

경기도 가평군 가평읍 읍내리 786-2

Phone number:
010-2181-1686
031-581-1686
070-8262-1686

Warning: I have waited 2 hours to get my lunch when I came at 12 noon on a working day. Pfffttt...I should have called before I go to book a seat. You should call and book if you come from 12 noon to 2 pm. Otherwise come before 12 noon or after 2 pm.

If you are already at Gapyeong Station (you may read how to go there in here), going to the restaurant by hiring a taxi is the best option IMO.


This is from Naver Map where the distance has been approximately calculated as 3.27 km and this is if you ride the bus. Judging from the distance, I think taking the taxi fairs better. 

From Gapyeong Station to Nami Island is about 2.03 km and by taxi is about 3,000 won.

From Gapyeong Station to Nami-Ok restaurant will be about 5 km so most probably the taxi fare will be double of the price to Nami Island. (Yup...true, been there done that and 6,000 won was the taxi fare when I went there personally).

As you can see from the picture, Dakgalbi is better to be eaten shared with a few of your friends. Eating alone is no fun and the portion is quite big. 

But...if you still have to go alone and walk your way to save the taxi fare, check out the map below. 

First, you have to walk from Gapyeong Station to the bus station in Gapyeong town
for about 686 meters. Take the bus number 1330-3.

Drop off at 비행장 (Bihaengjang) bus stop and walk about 263 meters 
towards the restaurant.

The restaurant is located somewhere at the blue dot in the picture.
Courtesy: Daum Map

Anyway....I just wish I could try this Dakgalbi to review the taste, the service, the price and etc but I just can't as I'm now living in Madrid. Ack! 

맛있게 드십시오!

My Review

A must try!

Halal Dakgalbi is 12,000 won per pax but non-Halal is 10,000 won per pax. If you like it spicy, ask for 2 more scoop of the spicy sauce. I did for my first visit and opted for no additional sauce on my second visit and my verdict: adding more spiciness rocked the wok baby! lol..Okay, well....I love spicy stuff so I am a bit bias there. 

More pictures on my Facebook on https://www.facebook.com/budgettravel2korea.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

weee. will it be possible if one day when we arrive in KOrea & we meet u there?
Anonymous said…
salam sis..sorry mengganggu..have a few questions regarding kr pass. I'm planning to Busan by ktx, but I'm a little bit confused about the payment. We have to pay the kr pass first, then we get the E-ticket? Maksudnyer I pay it with credit card (online) or pay it after we arrive in Korea? Sebab if im not mistaken, masa nak tukar e ticket kena bring along the credit card, passport and e ticket...
Thanks
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi,

Pay online > print confirmation > go to Korea KTX station and give your passport, credit card and confirmation form > officer give u a card > use the card to book KTX or train ticket from any KTX train station

http://budgettravel2korea.blogspot.com.es/2012/01/korea-rail-pass-travel.html

dira said…
salam sis,

if nak pergi by taxi.. nak mention apa to the taxi driver ye? congrats on ur wedding. hopefully it is not too late to wish it :)
Zarina BT2K said…
W'salam Dira,

Just print this:


남이옥 식당

주소
경기도 가평군 가평읍 읍내리 786-2
전화번호
031-581-1686

Taxi driver will know how to find the area by their GPS. ^^
Anonymous said…
Hi, saya dan two of my sis baru menikmati 닭갈비 kat Nami-Ok and I must say it's delicious. Price for 3 of us were 36000 won tapi berbaloi lah. Siap ada nasi lagi last dibuat mcm bibimbab. Tak rugi. Tempatnya agak jauh and some taxi driver doesn't know where it is. Make sure you print the address and show to them. Thanks for the info Zarina.
Anonymous said…
Hi, we tried the Chicken Bulgogi at Nami-Ok yesterday and it was really delicious. Price per person is 15000 won but since we ordered portion for 3 the "Sajangnim" only charge 12000 per person. We ordered spicy extra spicy seasoning and man it was superb. The portion is huge not to mention delicious side dishes and huge bowl of rice to make "bibim" on the left overs. Thanks Zarina for sharing this info.
skinformulae said…
Dekat restuarnt situ ada teksi untuk balik ke station? Atau kena call teksi?
Zarina said…
Sajangnim/Boss restaurant boleh tolong call taxi for free but taxi will charge additional 1000won for the charge to come in the taxi fare. Worth to try. It's delicious and portion is big with plenty of side dishes.