Naksan Fortress

I was super excited to hike Naksan Fortress right after watching Rooftop Prince episode 15 on Wednesday.


Not that I didn't want to visit it before though. MK has recommended me to visit Naksan Fortress before but I just haven't found the right moment to hike; with the warm temperature nowadays..phew, hiking is mentally challenging. ^^



It just happened that my mood was pretty somber and I decided to explore the place.
There are two entrance - either:

  • from Dongdaemun station, Line 1 or 4, Exit 1 or 2. I failed to find Exit 1 so I went out from Exit 2 which was 50 metres away. 
  • from Hyehwa station, Line 4, Exit 1.

What's the difference?

If you go from Dongdaemun station, you will meet Naksan Fortress first and so hiking you go! ^^ Bitter pill first and then sweet honey.

If you go from Hyehwa station, you will meet many chic restaurants and shops, then the flower staircase (Ihwa-dong), then only the fortress. Sweet honey first followed by bitter pill.

Either way has it's own attraction.

I came to know about Naksan Fortress from the drama Gloria starring Bae Doo Na and Lee Chun Hee. Lee Chun Hee's character always meet his lover secretly at the fortress so I thought "What a pretty hideout!"

So right after watching Rooftop Prince, I was saying to myself  "No way!! I just have to visit Naksan Fortress tomorrow!"

As always, my hiking was accompanied with my favorite song of the moment - Busker Busker - Cherry Blossom Ending ë²šê½ƒ 엔딩


The highlight of my trip to Naksan Fortress was when I met a few middle school students after eating my chocolate popsicle at a nearby playground.

The staircase where Han Ji Min and Micky Yoochun walked!

They gave me a tour of the place for FREE as they live there! Nice..

When I asked them "Do you know where is the filming location for Rooftop Prince?"
Their answer "We don't watch dramas"
Hahahaha...what do I expect from middle schoolers?? Aigooo
Then I asked "Then, what do you do?"
They answered "Playing video game"
Aigoo..aigoo..I should drag an ahjumma instead..^^

More info about Naksan Park or Naksan Fortress at KNTO and http://parks.seoul.go.kr/eng/
More pictures at BudgetTravel2Korea Facebook.

Post a Comment

12 Comments

rahmah omar said…
They answered "Playing video game" ... hehehe... must be with innocent look when they said this..
fiqahlee88 said…
waaa,best!!! btw, the flower stairs, do they have lots of it around Ihwa dong? Bcuz i don't think I found one that look this beautiful. All that I found was just almost washed away images on the stairs.
famia said…
squeal!! jealous oh! baru tengok tangga tu semalam. best gila diorang painting atas tangga. Have to visit this place this coming Dec ^_^
Hime said…
argh!! why u no write this while we were there last week?anyway, nice to meet you in reality kak! tak sangka dapat jumpa ^^
Hyehwa subway station is actually near our guesthouse
popcolours said…
Rooftop prince sgt kelakar bila tiga2 hulubalang tu msk bonet..cute.
baby beaver said…
kak zarina...

tahnks... kali ni definitely akan ke sana, thanks sesgt...

ada satu scen dlm drama dr. champ... saya xtau tpt tu kat mana... yg hero tu suke duduk, cm tembok tggi jgk...

xpela, naksan fortress dolu... later nnti saya cuba carik lg tpt tu... husband pn teringin nk pegi...

thnks kak!
puan seri said…
salam zarina,
bulan 11 musim apa di korea?
akk ingat nak ke sana bulan 11...
zarina free tak?
jaja said…
salam akak,

tgk gmbr rice cake bizeun dkt fb akak.nk comment dkt ctu tak boleh plak. nak tanya rice cake tu kita boleh mkn kan?

-jaja-
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
arghhh super duper jeles ngan zarina sbb dapat pergi visit tempat-tempat dalam drama bersiri Rooftop Prince...

Aigooo... bila nk sampai lagi ke Korea nih... nak melawat tempat-tempat yang menarik ni.. ;))
faidzal ghazali said…
Dear Zarina,

We have written to you via your email address requesting your kind assistance to be our tourist guide during our trip to Seoul at the end of this month. We look forward to your good reply.

Warm regards.
Azie.Fauzi said…
zarina...

u in korea eh..i was there last week staying at hongyik area..jauh ker dari yr place...shud have meet u kan.,.aishhh...wat a mistake..

korea is superb...lovely and am missing korea..need to go there again..in 2 years time maybe :)