Woljeong Temple or Woljeongsa

We went to Woljeongsa and after that met a korean painter, Mr Sol Bong. He gave a pretty korean tradional writing and honoured me with a korean name- Jarim. Jarim means burgundy forest. I love that name. ^^

Woljeongsa is a head temple of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism, located on the eastern slopes of Odaesan in Pyeongchang County, Gangwon Province, South Korea. Woljeongsa was founded in 643 by the Silla monk Jajang.Burned down and rebuilt a number of times, the last disaster was during the Korean War (1950-1953), when about ten buildings were burnt down by the Korean Army because it had become a refuge for the rebel forces. Source: Wikipedia

I had a video from Panya of our trip but I couldn't upload any video anymore from Blogspot. Google has focused only on Youtube for uploading of videos but what happened when I am not a resident of Korea?
I was slapped with this instead - We have voluntarily disabled this functionality on kr.youtube.com because of the Korean real-name verification law. What the heck was that?? Hankyoreh's answer is here.

Aigoo..I have to upload this from Malaysia T_T

But..you could marvel on the still pictures instead.


In Jinbu, picking up some Maxwell coffee


Andy with the coffee shop lady


Entrance to Weoljongsa


Love the river behind me


Pannya and Andy




We had lunch at the cafeteria.


Yup..all vegetables and loving it ^^


Andy with his fans.


Before


..and after.


the tiles.


Inside the temple


We didn't drink it.




roar...grrrrrrrrrr...


We visited a talented korean painter.


 We drank flower tea, but I'm not sure what it is. I thought it 
was chrysanthemum and it gave bitter after taste.


This is my favourite. It means good day.


Post a Comment

1 Comments

Woljeongsa is a colorful and beautiful temple in Korea. It has excellent designs and lovely surroundings. The view is simply awesome.