*Picture courtesy Tour2Korea
What is exactly jjimjilbang?
Apart from the tongue-twisted pronunciation..hmm..
Jjimjilbang is a spa, sauna, shower, a place to overnight and chill out after a hard day of sightseeing in Seoul. (for budget traveler, this is a plus!)
What's so great about it:
You would be thinking..crazy girl..you want to be naked over there?? Well, you can skip the naked and S-curve show off and straight to the sauna. No harm done, right?
- hot pool in various temperature, hot, medium hot, super duper hot and cold pool
- sauna room with different varieties to choose; a jewelery sauna room?
- you can show off your S curve , if you have any though to Korean..hehe (which is being naked while you shower)
- a cool place to chill out - internet, karaoke, movie room, comic room, exercise facilities
- massage hard or soft, up to you
- you can sleep over from 8pm to 11am (time differs between jjimjilbang) for very minimal fee like around 12,000 won/nite ~ MYR36
- it's open 24 hours
Me and my friends would definitely consider the option for staying overnight there. Why not? It's cheap and it's like living in one large luxurious house with all the things you want, all roll up into one. Preciousssssssssss...
Here are some of the list of famous jjimjilbang in Seoul:
- Seocho Spa
- Silloam Sauna
Tour2Korea has step by step guideline to enter jjimjilbang here.
Labels: Culture, Things to Do