Subway fare increased in Seoul

I hate it!! I don't know any single soul in Korea who is glad to hear this news, when Korean government decides to increase the subway fare to another 200 won from the current 900 won (less than 10km distance).

I went home on 27th February and didn't realize that the increment of Seoul subway fare has increased since 25th of February cause I just stayed home on the weekend and M.Y. family sent me to the airport.

Right after I reached Incheon Airport, I used the local bus to go to Incheon when I returned to Korea on 5th March and still didn't realize it until after I used the subway. I saw the charge was 1,050won. What happened?

So I thought that there's something wrong with my T-Money card but when M.Y. told me that the petrol price was so high recently, it hit my thinking cap then. Yikes!! 

Bad..this is bad.

If you use T-Money card, your basic fare will start with 900 won plus the increased fare of 150 won.
So I guess that they opted for 150 won increment instead of 200 won but still... T_T

Korean government mentioned that Seoul subway fare hasn't been increased since the last four years. Yeah right..duhhh..

What does this mean? Anything else will start to follow suit..increase and increase.

As one Korean citizen aptly said “Everything goes up except for my salary. Do you want me to live or die?”

Just be aware that you might need to bring more cash from home if you plan to travel to Korea this 2012.

Post a Comment

15 Comments

Cik Pi said…
oh no! sob...sob...
baby beaver said…
tula kak zarina ... T.T

mmg thn ni bajet utk transportation saya makin bertambah... for sure harga22 brg2 pn naek kn? adoi... 3mggu di seoul... seronok... tp klu sumer harga naik mendadak, sure saya pn terkejut sgt nnti...
AdikBongsuSM said…
Salam..
May i know what subj u take in korea?
Zarina BT2K said…
AdikBongsuSM,
Salam..I'm taking Korean language only.
Anonymous said…
All the best and success to your new class.
Dae Joyeong.
Anonymous said…
seyes ker harga brg naek kt korea...omo...we are planning to go there this coming may...TT_TT
Can't imagine lah...7 days kot ktorg kt sn...any idea x we shud bring berape WON$$...huhu.

-farah-
Jack said…
So... I should really buy the T-Money? Oh dear God, I'm schedule to leave Korea in like three days and I am not even done planning. Any tips?
Zarina BT2K said…
Farah,
RM2,000 is enough for 7D stay but no shopping though.
Zarina BT2K said…
Jack,
It's more convenient to travel with T-Money.
Kak Mahh said…
Wow,kalau harga barangnya naik tak boleh nak shopping sangat lah..hihiii
Anonymous said…
Thanks sis...
hopefully can meet u there.hihi...
btw,its 14 mac today...happy white day...(^_^)

-farah-
Anonymous said…
Hi. I was wondering how cold is Seoul during this coming 1st week of April? My wife and I are having our vacation and this is our first time to Korea. We are clueless about the current weather. Searched few website telling different stories about the weather. Since are are staying there. Maybe u can advice us on the weather and what to wear? Thanks.
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi,

It fluctuates between 2 to 10 celcius. If you're coming from tropical country you might need thicker clothes.
Anonymous said…
That's really cold. Thanks.
Anonymous said…
Hi there. I'll be in Seoul this Saturday. Can't wait. I was hoping u could advise me on which is seoul south Korea best telco and data line gives best coverage for me to use roaming?