Jeju Island


I woke up quite early to pack my bag for Jeju Island tour later in the evening. My flight will depart at around 4.30pm with T'Way Airlines. There's no plan for the morning, so we had quite a late breakfast and I exchanged some massage tips for Min Young and her mother. I studied 3 types of massage back in 2007 - sports, aromatherapy and reflexology. Among the three I love doing sports massage the most as I love to find which point is the most hurtful..hahah. Not to hurt them but to ease them.

My first autumn view in Korea for 2011

After breakfast, we stopped by a market near Min Young's apartment to buy some doughnuts and coffee. The autumn scenery was just perfect. Can you imagine? Sitting below the autumn foliage drinking hot coffee and doughnut together? Amazing feeling. ^__^



At coffee Mama



Tofu - white and dotorimuk - dark brown


Ahh..a woman was selling this tofu and dotorimuk beside the shop and we had one or two to test. I had never tasted plain silky tofu with some soy condiments before and I found it, hmmm..quite tasty! Weird..but tasty.

At about 1pm, Min Young walked me up to the nearest station - Jakjeon and I started my own journey to Gimpo Airport. From Jakjeon, I had to transit at Gyeyang station and then take the AREX to Gimpo Airport. Total time was only 24 minutes.



It was quite confusing when I reached Gimpo Airport as I went downstairs instead of using the elevator to Level B1. I asked a cleaner ahjumma and she told me that I had to go up. Before I tapped my T-Money to go out from the subway, look what I found! Hehehe..


After that I walked up to level 2F to check in and T'Way Airlines was located at the last counter. But my friends were not there!! Ottohke?? I panicked a little bit as the time was 1 hour before departing and we had not checked in. I tried calling my friend via T-Money phone but there was no answer. She just did not want to pick up. All because of roaming issue..which I will tell about it in another post.

Then I did the unthinkable. I asked help from Koreans. What else? heheh
I approach those who looked like students, and I ask them if they speak English. The two girls shook their head and spoke in Chinese, which I found later that they are actually Koreans. (OMG, this was the first time Koreans refused to help me!) Then I approached an ahjumma and told her that I wanted to borrow her phone to send a text to my friend. She helped me with much difficulty and we finally managed to send the text but...my friend didn't receive it.

Kind ahjumma in the middle.

Faraway, I saw my two friends walking towards us and she confirmed that she didn't receive our message. Arghh!! I did that for nothing didn't I? But lady luck was smiling at us..why? Once we reached Jeju, the ahjumma and her husband gave us a ride to our guesthouse. So kind! And she even left her number to me so we can tour the island together but we declined the offer as we didn't want to interrupt their activities.

T-way check in at Gimpo Airport



We checked into a 6-female dormitory in Yeha Guesthouse for 19,000 won per night. The place was well taken cared of, pretty clean. I loved the pantry. They have 3 computers for internet access, free calls to several international countries but are limited to land line numbers, postcard and stamp are sold there, HALAL cutleries and seasoning for Muslims and really helpful and friendly receptionist.

The only complaint that I have is the room was quite stuffy, air conditioner was not properly functioning so we had to open the inner door to let the air from the hallway comes in.

We went out for dinner as the restaurants suggested by Yeha Guesthouse does not serve kimchi/dwenjang jjigae. We grabbed a taxi for 2,200 won and went to City Hall. There were a lot of bars and young teenagers around. Although we had run through the places, there's only Kimbap Chonguk which serves jjigae but I refused to eat there and settled for a small eatery. Unfortunately, the only available permissible food is kimbap and twigim. I felt sorry for my friends but I could do nothing much. :(

Near City Hall, Jeju

Kids playing some games near City Hall, Jeju


Post a Comment

13 Comments

Lily Riani said…
how long will you be in korea? if i gi next yr, nak tanya few things cam hostel area mana bagus? nak shopping or jln kat mana? transportation etc... boleh tolong dak?
fiqahlee88 said…
wah, TOP & Taeyang yg jaga gate! hahaha, bestnya Jeju. Nk pegi jugak lah nt. Anyway, nk tumpang tny, Kak Zarina punya Korean dh level mana dh? Best la,jln2 sane & taw bhasa dorg,mst lg senang :D
hi there,need your opinion antara jeju island dengan nami island mana lg best nak visit?thank you ;))
Zarina BT2K said…
Salam Lily Riani,
It's something that I can't gauge yet. The plan is to stay for about a year or two. ^^ Of course I can help you! Just send me an email. It's more convenient for me to reply.
Zarina BT2K said…
Salam fiqahlee88,
akak pon tak tau nk kata kat ne level akak. Tp kalau officially, akak mmg fail lvl topik intermediate masa amik last year. T_T
Zarina BT2K said…
Salam Nurulfatini,
Jeju Island is a real island like Pulau Tioman/Redang..but definitely not the same.

Nami Island..hmm..from my opinion..not an island at all. It looks like a man made island albeit a really awesome and beautiful one.
okay.kamsahamnida kak zarina ;))
Unknown said…
hello i just want to ask if how much is ur plane ticket from gimpo to jeju? thanks jacq from philippines :)
Unknown said…
hi just want to ask how much is ur plane ticket from gimpo to jeju? thank u :) jacq from the philippines
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Jacq,
The ticket is 32,000 won one way. But it was during cheap fare, so it might depends. ^^
Unknown said…
oh i see. thanks zarina :D
Anak2 kucing said…
nak tanyerr.. kalo pegi jeju bulan bile paling best sekali..and agak2 brape cost of living kat sane utk 4 hari (exclude flight ticket)...isma :)
Anonymous said…
Salam,

I plan pegi korea January tahun dpn but now dh start looking on the itinerary.. plan nk pegi Jeju.. ok x pegi time tue?

Thanx..:')