Samgak Kimbap @ Triangle Kimbap

To Muslim readers,

I received a comment from one of the blog readers, here it goes:

"salam..



i've stayed in korea before for 4 months..about the "TUNA KIMBAB", is it the rolled kimbab or triangle kimbab? Because,unfortunately, those TUNA triangle kimbab sold at the convinient stores are NOT HALAL..I read through the ingredients and guess what? The kimbab contain "PORK"..oppss~~


(p/s: the rolled TUNA kimbab sold at the convinient might also have ham..so be careful ok..) " from Mello



Note: I urge for you to learn Hangul as this will help you to choose your food wisely.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

Ain said…
Salam :)

Do you have the hangul for "PORK" or anything related to "PORK" and "MEAT"?

I can read hangul..but I don't understand the meaning.

Thank you! :)
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Ain,
Basically 고기 means meat.

돼지고기 - pork
소고기 - beef
닭고기 - chicken
양고기 - lamb
해물 - seafood
생선 / 물고기 - fish
how about hangul for Ham, Bacon etc?
for this Tuna Samgap Kimbap, is there any specific brand/convenience store that sell with ham in it? or all Samgap Kimbap have it?
Now, I'm start wondering how about other kimbab store, for eg. Kimbab Nara etc.
Zarina BT2K said…
ayaharif,
I'm not sure which brand include ham in their samgak kimbap but I'm pretty sure that most franchise like kimbap nara etc use ham as their standard filling.

Check out my post to order the kimbap without ham.
http://budgettravel2korea.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-order-korean-foods.html
Zarina BT2K said…
ayaharif,

Ham - 햄
Bacon - 베이컨