Namsan Guesthouse

We rented 3 nights from 31st October until 2nd November at Namsan Guesthouse. It was a double bedroom and shared by 3 of us for 45,000 won ( plus 5,000 won for 3rd people) per night. The host offered free breakfast - ramen, bread with butter, jam and peanut butter, coffee and tea.

The place is strategically located near to exit 3, Myeongdong station. As usual we had to hike the hill to reach the guesthouse. It was so near to Namsan cable car station, a 5 minute walk from the guesthouse. The landmark of the guesthouse is Pacific Hotel.

The room was quite small for 3 person but due to tight budget we persevered hehe..cause it was so near to Myeongdong, we went there every single night! The crowd was crazy...

Our small room.





2T and Hanim posing in front of the reception.

This hill is way better than Big Bang/Happy guesthouse at Yaksu station but we preferred Big Bang/Happy guesthouse cause the 'omoni' there is so friendly and the guesthouse is very cozy.

Our compulsary breakfast - bread and peanut butter. Namsan guesthouse also provides ramen.

They have Wi-Fi and free internet access.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Zarina,

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I'm a fellow Malaysian too, Sabahan to be exact - and I'll be heading to Seoul in January with a friend. I'm in the middle of scouting around for accommodation and this Big Bang/Happy Guesthouse caught my attention- well the words were "friendly" and "cozy". I was wondering if you could shed some light about whether major attractions are within walking distance and exactly how high the hill is, so I can be prepared how long I have to tarik my luggage up for.

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us, and I wish you all the best in your travels!
seventh said…
Hi Zarina

Have you stayed Myeongdong guesthouse before or any of your friends? At first, i thought it would be a great place to stay with the cheaper rate. but, i just read at tripadvisor, that one has to climb long stairs to reach the ground level from subway station.
Oh no, it will be a nightmare for me. We'll be carrying abt 10-15kg travel bag..

Can you shed me a light why you prefer namsan guesthouse? i read your blog, the guesthouse located up a hill. how far the guesthouse from the subway station?

Thanks!
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Seventh,

I've never stayed in Myeongdong guesthouse due to bad reviews before but according to littlemisshoo at http://littlemisshoo.com/?p=256
it seems the place has been renovated!

I think the long stairs are because Myeongdong guesthouse is 5-level guesthouse without elevator.

Namsan guesthouse has 3 different buildings now. http://www.namsanguesthouse.com/way_e.htm

You could opt for Namsan 3 as it is nearer to the subway, so you don't have to hike the hill. I like Namsan guesthouse cause it's near to the Namsan cable car.
seventh said…
Hi Zarina

The stairs in the Myeongdong guesthouse is not a problem to me. The problem is from subway station. There are long stairs to climb from the subway station to the ground level and this is a huge problem to me.

oooo am dear so confused. i read many bad reviews like there was camera in the room, owner standing outside the room, etc. urghhh i'll have to consider namsan guesthouse. plus we're going to namsan tower also. :)


Cheers!
seventh said…
Hi Zarina

Just curious, to get to Namsan Guesthouse, we need to get off at Myeongdong station Subway line No.4(Blue line), get out from Exit No.3.
Is the exit no.3 need to climb long staircase ?? :)
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Seventh,
If you're referring to the staircase inside the subway, I assure you that most subway stations in Seoul are like that. Don't ever dare to wear high heel, ok? I still wonder how Korean women could do that. Amazing!!

From Myeongdong Station, Exit 3, just walk up the hill, no staircase whatsoever.

Enjoy your trip!
seventh said…
Hi Zarina

Thanks for the info!
Anonymous said…
hi there!!thanks God I found ur blog..will go there diz upcoming August.. I think I have to sleep at diz namsan guest house too..hehe..thanks ya buddy!