My budget so far..

I have used around MYR500 (from 27th Sept - 7th Oct)

Seoul Metro - 35,000
Bus ticket - 18,000
Food - 50,000
Accommodation - 45,000 (3 nights)
Clothes - 15,000
Tour Admission - 4,000

I visited Hye Won on 28th Sept, stayed at Happy Guesthouse for 3 nights until 30th Sept for 45,000 won. Then I stayed with Chi Won (Couch Surfing - free) and now stayed with Joy Farm (practically free but with a yearly fee of WWOOF of 50,000 won).

18,000 won used for ticket from Seoul to Chunyang.

Food is somewhat differs from individual but I try to find Halal food which is more expensive compared to normal food. So, basically it depends on your 'desire' hahaha..

Clothes - I bought a 15,000 won sweater from a warehouse sale in Myeongdong which was cheap. Later, got to splurge to buy a better winter jacket.

Tour admission - Changdeok palace - 3,000 won, Deoksu palace - 1,000 won, Chi Won's mother paid for me a 12,000 admission for Yongin's folk village. She is really a kind mother.

There is a method on how to save on your Seoul Metro expenses but I will tell in another post.

Post a Comment

11 Comments

fiqahlee88 said…
salam. hi, just wanna ask,if it's possible to stay for three months? actually me n my sister are planning to travel Korea next year,we're pretty much trying our best to save our money and all,now i wonder whether it's possible or not,and is yes,how much do u think the money that we need? we actually wanted to stay for 3 months but maybe shorter,depends on our budgets.could u help me sort this out please:)
Zarina BT2K said…
W'salam fiqahlee88,
It is possible and I have done it.
However, your plan and budget will determine where you will go. I can't say for sure exactly how much, so you have to show me what you gonna do for the 3 months you gonna be there.

Email me your plan/itinerary at zemoneko@gmail.com

I will give you my rough estimation.
Ruby said…
Hi Zarina,

I have a question about T-Money. Is there a minimum amount you have to load or charge?

Thanks.
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Ruby,
The T-Money card is priced at 3,000 won and the reload value is up to you.

For a single ride of subway train or city bus of less than 10km journey you should have at least 1,000 won in the card.
Ruby said…
Thanks Zarina.

Thinking about whether to purchase T-Money on next trip to Seoul. Saw some (the basic no frills card) for 2,500won but didn't buy because it was a short trip.

Reloads can be done at the machines in subway stations right?
Zarina BT2K said…
Ruby,
You should get one. The T-Money card will make your travel a lot easier. ^^
Zarina BT2K said…
Ruby,
You could reload the T-Money at any subway station and also convenience stores.
Ruby said…
Thanks again, Zarina!
Zarina BT2K said…
Ruby,
My pleasure ^^
ika said…
hi zarina.my friend and I will visit korea in Jan 2013. I am considering to stay at Happy guest house.I've looked upon the website of the guesthouse. But I can't find heater included in the facilities....So,I was wondering if there is heater or not since it is winter season. How about your experience there? Do you find it recommendable for us?Tq
Anonymous said…
Salam, Zarina. I would like to know about happy guest house. do you find it is easy to get public transport there? can you recommend few places to visit during winter season?