Gyeongju Bread or Hwangnam Bread

Danielle brought Gyeongju Bread or Hwangnam Bread when she visited me way back in mid January and I still had it in my fridge. Actually I had no idea that it was still in the fridge untouched until I rummaged through my fridge for tidbits. 


When I visited Gyeongju, I stopped by at one of the bakeries there and bought a box for Bun Sok and Joy. If I still remember it right, a box of 20 pieces was about 10,000 won. The taste? Heaven. ^^ This opinion is coming from a person who loves anything to do with red bean..hehe. So I'm a bit bias. 


If you have the time to visit Gyeongju, don't forget to try this cookies. Just ask anyone around for Gyeongju bread and they will be willing to show you the direction to one of the bakeries!^^ 


My only regret is that I didn't have enough time to visit Queen Seon Deok's graveyard. Next time maybe.


Gyeongju bread, also sometimes called Hwangnam bread (named after the district of its origin), is a local specialty of Gyeongju City,South Korea. It is a small pastry with a filling of red bean paste. Gyeongju bread was first baked in 1939 at a bakery in Hwangnam-dong in central Gyeongju. It has since become popular across the country and is produced by several different companies, all based in Gyeongju. It is sold at many locations in the city, and also at specialized stores around the country.[1][2]  Source: Wikipedia






Check out  https://www.gyeongjubread.co.kr/ for Gyeongju Bread or 경주빵 and more information at KNTO website 

Post a Comment

8 Comments

iylia said…
omg sis. i've just googled this bread just now and you post this the next second! lol..=D
hanie said…
looks like moon cake.. =P~
arghh.,.anything about red beans are super delicious!! haha

*red bean lover too*
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi iyliattieka,
talk about coincidence! hehe..
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Hanie,
next time we can look out for whatever red bean thingy together yeah? ^^
Anonymous said…
alamak,
we went there last time but forgot to buy the bread. (they only sell in pack starting from 20 pieces right-too much.he3.).seems so yummy.

this picture really make me want to go to Gyeonju again.

-fifa
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi fifa,
yup..it is yummy! ^^
I miss Gyeongju too..
KakiMakanTeam said…
salam kak, can you tell more about places in korea that we should visit and its halal food, i really want to know it bcz our faculty has planned to visit korea by the end of the year.so i need a lot of information to make proposal and project paper. btw this is my email lolita.da.lalola@gmail.com or roskhairulbariyah1991@gmail.com if u want to post any news about this
Zarina BT2K said…
Hi Rose,

I wish that you could take some time to read the blog.
All the posts are labelled according to their group on the left hand bottom. ^^

There is a sample of itinerary under the pages tab